The Leiden Academic Centre for Drug Research (LACDR) is responsible for the research and education in Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences carried out at Leiden University.
The LACDR is one of the leading academic centers in the world in learning, teaching, and advancing innovative drug research, developing knowledge and expertise crucial for drug discovery, evaluation and (clinical) application. As an academic institute at Leiden University we also provide education to train new future researchers. In Leiden this education will lead to a Master degree in Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences. The education is provided by different sections of the center and cooperation by these sections. Other reasons where the LACDR distinguish itself:
- Expertise on the full area of drug research: from discovery, concept and synthesis of a compound up to the evaluation of the effect in humans.
- Cooperation with the LUMC, the VUMC, and the CHDR
- An integrated education program for AIO’s and OIO’s.
- International character
- Participation in ULLA, an European consortium of different ‘Schools of Pharmacy’ with participation of the LACDR, London, Uppsala, Kopenhagen, Paris, Parma and Leuven.
- More information about all of the activities of the center is highlighted in the Progress Report, available at the secretary of the LACDR, University of Leiden, Gorlaeus building
The institute was ranked 9th place in the 2015 QS World University Ranking.*
For more information, please go to www.LACDR.nl.